- Before the beginning of the conference, all registered participants will receive a link and password (make sure there is no space in front or at the back of the password) for secure access to virtual conference rooms using the Zoom platform. These virtual rooms will broadcast all pre-recorded presentations synchronously in accordance to the established technical program (at GMT+3, Cyprus time). The pre-recorded presentations will also be broadcasted in the conference rooms. Both the “physical-presence” and “virtual-presence” participants will be allowed to ask questions and interact with the authors of the presentations.
- All presentations at the conference will be in the form of pre-recorded video presentations, except from plenary talks which will be broadcasted live.
- The presentations will be available online on the technical program for asynchronous broadcast after the end of the conference for a period of two months.
The plenary presentations are be broadcasted live according to the technical program. During the broadcast of the presentation, all cameras should be turned off; the audience may post written questions in the Chat. At the end of the broadcast, the plenary speaker is invited to answer to these questions, as well as to oral questions from the “virtual-presence” and “physical-presence” participants.
Technical and Special Sessions
- Each technical session takes place in a separate Zoom virtual room.
- 15min before the session – A dedicated technical assistant starts the virtual room.
- 10min before the session – The session Chair(s), and the authors of the presentations, connect to the virtual room and interact together to make sure that there are no technical issues.
- Beginning of the session – All participants are invited to turn off their camera except for the session Chair who introduces the session and the first speaker.
- Broadcast of the first presentation – The technical assistant broadcasts the pre-recorded video presentation of the first paper. During the broadcast, all cameras should be turned off; the participants may post written questions in the Chat.
- Discussions at the end of the first presentation – The session Chair as well as the author of the presentation turn their camera on (not compulsory). The session Chair thanks the authors and starts the discussion. He or she may at this end read some questions from the Chat, ask for oral questions from the audience or make his or her own comments or questions. During this discussion “virtual-presence” participants can use the “raise my hand” functionality to indicate they wish to ask a question; “physical-presence” participants can raise their hand to indicate they wish to ask a question. The author answers after each question. The Chair is in charge of managing the interaction, focusing on constructive scientific arguments. The discussion should end according to the program schedule before the time indicated for the next presentation.
- Other presentations – The broadcast and discussions of all presentations follow in the same way according to the program. If the discussions end before the allotted time, the Chair should wait in order to start the next presentation according to the time indicated in the program.
- Role of the Chair(s) – One session may have one or two Chairs. In case there are two Chairs, they should contact each other by email prior to the session and decide together which one of them shall handle the discussions for each presentation of the session.
- Authors – Authors that present at the conference should attend their session. They must connect to the virtual room 10 minutes prior to the start of the session and interact with the Chair. They should also be ready to orally answer questions after the end of their presentation.
- Strict schedule – It is important to respect the schedule of the program: as in any other conference the audience may change rooms during the synchronous broadcast to follow presentations of other sessions.
- End of the session – When the session ends, the Chair may continue the discussion among participants of the session. The technical assistant shall close the virtual room 10 minutes after the end of the session.